INFORMATION NOTICE IN RELATION TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
This Notice sets out how Oikos Group of Companies (hereinafter referred to as “Oikos” or “We”) processes data, whether on individuals (including personal data in respect of individuals who are clients, intermediaries or other third parties that Oikos interacts with, or any individual who is connected to those parties) or otherwise. Where the data held are on individuals, this document also sets out the rights of those individuals in respect of that personal data.
This Notice has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
Any questions relating to this Notice or requests in respect of personal data should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHO WE ARE
We are a Group of Companies based in Cyprus and provide various products and services in relation to building, selling and renting properties in Cyprus.
Our main offices are located at 295 Cape Greco Avenue, Protaras, 5296 Paralimni, Famagusta, Cyprus.
We strive to protect personal data and apply high standards of conduct when it comes to privacy issues. We ensure that our employees are provided with the appropriate training in order to handle personal data promptly and in accordance with the laws. Furthermore, we endeavour to ensure that any parties with whom we co-operate apply the same high standards when it comes to data protection and privacy as we do.
3. YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
When you visit one of our offices, our internet website(s), our social media pages, our online advertising channels or our representatives in various exhibitions (in Cyprus or abroad), or when you call / e-mail us we may ask you to provide us with certain information and personal data so that we can communicate with you about our products and services and provide you with our services. You are not obliged to provide us with such information, but if you choose not to or do not consent to the collection and process of your personal information and data so requested, you may miss out on information you require and we will be unable to provide you any of our products and/or services.
The personal information we will ask you to provide is the following in relation to Individuals buying or selling and/or renting properties:
- Full Name & Position
- Country of Residence
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Property Related Questions (Type of Property, Budget, Selling etc)
- Information required to be obtained under EU and Cypriot Law
4. HOW WE USE IT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES
Here at Oikos we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information in accordance with our Personal Data Protection Policy, in order to communicate with you about our services and to improve the quality of our services.
The purposes for which we collect your personal information are as follows:
- To communicate with you about our services that may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with you about products and/or services of Oikos that may be of interest to you.
- To match your inquiries and/or interests in property against an available property of Oikos for sale or rent.
- To conclude and/or perform a contract for purchasing or renting a property of Oikos e. To inform you about promotional events, special offers, etc.
- To enable us to perform our obligations towards you.
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we may be subject under Cypriot Law and/or Law 71(I)/2010.
- Any other purpose specifically requested and/or agreed by you.
- To investigate and follow up on any comments, inquiries and complaints you may have and to resolve any disputes and problems which may have arisen with respect to the use of our products, properties or services.
- To obtain feedback from you that will help us to improve and/ or further the provision of our facilities and services.
Your personal data and information is processed and stored in our offices located in Cyprus along with the online software programme which is accessed by Oikos anywhere in the world. In this regard, we use third-party service providers to store and process personal data in certain ways which are useful for the purposes of our business.
Your personal data may be communicated and/or share to authorities, organisations, business partners, suppliers and subcontractors and/or third parties who are providing services to us or to you in relation to the above purposes.
5. HOW LONG WE KEEP IT (DATA RETENTION POLICY)
Your information will be kept only for as long as required to fulfil the above purposes for which it was collected. After the applicable retention period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed unless destruction is prohibited for legal, regulatory or technical reasons
Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Oikos shall erase your personal data if they are no longer necessary in relation to the above purposes for which they were collected or you have withdrawn in writing your consent on which the processing is based or you have a legitimate objection in processing your personal data in accordance to the GDPR.
Any requests for further information in relation to the continued processing of specific data and requests for destruction of data should be made to email@example.com
6. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Oikos keeps this Notice under review in order to ensure that it is in line with any changes to the laws relating to privacy and personal data. Any updates will be communicated to you promptly
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You are hereby being informed that you have the right to request from us:
- To access to your personal data.
- To withdraw your consent on which the processing is based by 30 days’ notice.
- To receive a confirmation as to whether your data is processed and have access to your data, the purposes of its processing, the relevant categories of data, the recipients of the data, the information regarding the origin of the data and your profile.
- To rectify any wrong data in relation to your personal data.
- To erase your personal data when these are no longer necessary in relation to the above purposes or when there are no imperative and legal reasons for the processing or your data have undergone unlawful processing or we have such a legal obligation.
- To restrict the processing of your personal data when the data is inaccurate or the processing is unlawful or it is not necessary for the above purposes.
- To receive your personal data which have been processed by us in structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and transmit that data to another controller of personal data.
You can submit your request in writing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact email@example.com in writing at Oikos 295 Cape Greco Avenue, Protaras, 5296 Paralimni, Famagusta, Cyprus. We will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection.